Re: US Gasoline Pricing

To: ARoman4047@aol.com, mga@napanet.net, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: US Gasoline Pricing
From: CHarris990@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 00:03:19 EDT
In a message dated 4/9/00 10:52:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
ARoman4047@aol.com writes:

<< Gentlepersons,
                        Hmmm, I seem to recall there was a time in the
distant
 past when there
 was a movement on towards conservation in the energy consumption
theater...As
 op-
 posed to tearing up the Dakotas drilling for methane, say, or turning
Houston
 into the
 pollution equivalent of Mexico City...
 Tony in NJ (W.A.S.T.E.) >>
Sir,
What transparent drivel.  First of all for those of us in the South during
the 73-74 embargo we found that we could not use fuel alcohol because of the
BATF, EPA and BATF.  Every fall in mid-America television stations show the
local town squares filled with grain due to a lack of transport.  All of this
can be shipped toward ElPaso (as it has begun to rot) and made into fuel
alcohol.  If you drill out your carb jets 20% (Weber downdraugh on Ford 105
thru 122E).  For a small fee I will send you plans to a small batch solar
operated still, based on a standard Hedgehog white whiskey still.  The
problem to produce fuel alcohol is political not technical.  The federal land
grabs in the West are for control not environmental.
Harris