Swell-tering event in Texas

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Swell-tering event in Texas
From: "David P. Crandall" <davidc@netwrk.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:00:30 -0400
Hi all - a report from one happy northerner who experienced Texas MogMog
hospitality last weekend.

The event was the annual Texas All Brits show in Houston.  I'd met this
great gal and Morganeer on the internet and we'd arranged a rendezvous
Friday night after I finished a workshop for a bunch of school principals
in McKinney Texas.  Now, you know what they say about people you meet on
the internet and the danger of just going somewhere not knowing what you're
in for!  Of course, how could a fellow Morgan nut not be OK, I figured.

So too had Kathi Hoffman figured [although prudence had resulted in a
suggested motel reservation for yours truly], fortunately for me since
neither of our spouses were at home!  What a hostess!  Picked me up at the
airport, took me along to an end-of-year BBQ with her fellow 3rd grade
teaching team [ they, of course, are the folks who really know what's what
in schools today] to get fed and watered, then off to snore.

Saturday bright and early, there was Kathi in Morgana, her burgundy baby,
ready to go to the event.  Off we went onto the multi-lane concrete that
comprises most of Houston.  The event itself was very successful for the
MogMog group.  Indeed, their multi-talented and quick on the draw
father-son team of Henry and Morgan Marx had the event written up and
posted on their website [www.mogmog.org], complete w/ pix by the next day,
for godsakes!  Take a look at one terrific club website that sure made me
envious.  [My negotiations w/ Morgan about doing some web work for us
stalled on the question of how many lobsters per web page was
reasonable.  Maybe if I throw in a bushel or twelve of steamed clams he'll
come around!]

After the event, we capped off a great day with a stop at Floyd's Cajun
kitchen where I indulged a rare chance to hoover a pound of boiled crawfish
[no, I don't suck their heads!], some phenomenal crawfish bisque and a
brace of tasty brews before getting dropped at the airport in
style.  Sunday I got back to Boston in time to welcome my wife who, along
with 2535 other hardy souls had completed a 60 mile, three day,
Avon-sponsored walk for breast cancer research.  As a survivor it was a
heartfelt effort and success and, the group's fundraising netted almost $5
million for breast cancer research.  Watch for this in your city if you or
anyone you care for has been touched by this awful disease.

Oh yes, both Kathi and I now feel much more confident about meeting people
through the internet - so long as they're Morgan owners, of course!  So, to
Kathi and all the MogMoggers, thanks for a great visit!  And, if you're
going to be in the area, check out a great bunch of folks yourself.  Their
newsletter is on their website every month, even if you don't join
up.  Keepin' on keepin' on, David  1963 +4 DHC  1966 4/4 now in many piles,etc.
David P. Crandall, President
The NETWORK Inc.
136 Fenno Drive
Rowley MA 01969-1004 USA