Re: Swell-tering event in Texas

To: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Subject: Re: Swell-tering event in Texas
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <Chip.Brown@msdw.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 09:09:19 -0400
Hey Stuart, never forget that old car people are just as insecure as the
rest of the population. It could be that they saw your ascot, beret and
Grey Poupon (figuratively speaking, of course), thought dollar signs and
snobbery and were put off before you opened your mouth. Also, furrin car
types and US car types frequently don't think they can understand the
other guys mechanical relationships. This doesn't excuse them --- shame
on the bastards --- but maybe it does explain it!! There's a perfectly
nice guy in the Morgan 3/4 club, Dean Meyer, who has a nice white Rolls
of the 58-62 vintage, I'd guess, and I always feel a bit uncomfortable
around that car, despite myself. 'S why I own a Morgan. No pretense
possible there, no matter how big an ascot you might have on.

Chip Brown