Re: Swell-tering event in Texas

To: ottoflick@netzero.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Swell-tering event in Texas
From: ARoman4047@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:53:39 EDT
Lannis-
           ...With you on helping out others but...A while back my Sprite
broke down and I
was trudging down the highway to a gas station and a car full of high school
kids of-
fered me a ride. We had only gone a few hundred yards, when an off duty cop
pulled
along side, waved his badge and motioned for the driver to pull over. He did,
and the
cop ordered me out of the car and told the kids to drive on. After they left,
he ex-
plained that he had seen them pick me up. He went on to say that I might be
okay, and
the next guy they gave a lift to might be okay also...but the third guy might
be the one
they shouldn't have picked up. He didn't want them to get into the habit of
helping
strangers.
           He also didn't give me a lift to the gas station...
Tony in NJ