Re: Swell-tering event in Texas

To: <HABCTRMD@aol.com>, <ottoflick@netzero.net>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Swell-tering event in Texas
From: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:32:31 -0400
Well, the +4+ club is fairly small, only 25 members. There are more Fords
than that. I wasn't trying to malign ALL model T people, just this group of
Maryland drivers. I was just surprised that in the "fraternity" of old car
enthusiasts, these people were not the most friendly or helpful group I have
ever encountered.  I have had several much more positive experiences over
the years when total strangers offered me (or a club member) roadside help
when they came across us with the bonnet up on the side of the road. I have
offered others my limited help as well. So when these Ford club members were
downright negative, it caught me by surprise. Just thought I'd pass it along
and see what our group thought about it.