Re: Swell-tering event in Texas

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Swell-tering event in Texas
From: "Lannis" <ottoflick@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:11:12 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: David P. Crandall <davidc@netwrk.org>

>Hi all - a report from one happy northerner who experienced Texas MogMog
>hospitality last weekend.
>
>The event was the annual Texas All Brits show in Houston.  I'd met this
>great gal and Morganeer on the internet and we'd arranged a rendezvous
>Friday night after I finished a workshop for a bunch of school principals
>in McKinney Texas.  Now, you know what they say about people you meet on
>the internet and the danger of just going somewhere not knowing what you're
>in for!  Of course, how could a fellow Morgan nut not be OK, I figured.

David - Glad it worked out and you had a good time!!

With you, I think people are way too wimpy and paranoid about actually
meeting some of the neat people you get to know on these lists.  Sure, 20/60
or 48 Minutes or one of those shows can always come up with a horror story,
but that's all part of the "perceived threat" problem that makes people, for
example, cringe in horror at the thought of a nuclear power plant in their
state while they blithely whoosh down the road at 75 mph 20 feet behind the
car in front of them with a cell phone in their ear.

I've been helped many times over the years by people who didn't know me and
were taking a "risk" in doing it; I intend to pass it on as long as I live!

Lannis "Stop by the House Sometime" Selz