Re: Dirt in the Petrol Tank

To: mogman@rpa.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dirt in the Petrol Tank
From: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 02:51:19 EDT
In a message dated 6/11/00 12:24:08 PM, mogman@rpa.net writes:

<< Brethren:
Some guidance, please. Just got my car back on the road after a complete
front end rebuild(51 +4). However it doesn't want to travel very far
before the fuel line seems to get plugged with dirt. Blowing air back
through the line will clear it for a while, but not reliably enough to
drive the car more than a couple of miles. I know that the inevitable
solution is pulling the tank and getting it cleaned.

Take off the spare tire-you should be able to see the fuel line exiting from
the top of the tank. you can unscrew it and pull it out-there may be some
debris sucked into the end of the pick-up pipe that you can easily remove.
Also, there should be a drain plug you can get at from under the car that is
situated right under the end of the fuel pick up pipe that you can unscrew
and let a bit of fuel run out-do this in a well ventilated place, (ie
outdoors) with the car completely cold. Dave Collins San Diego (At least
that's how it is on my +8)