RE: [oletrucks] bedwood milled rabbets

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] bedwood milled rabbets
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:10:16 -0600
I have received a question about the purpose of the deeper groove in the
bedwood. Rather than try to explain it with words, I found a picture
showing how the metal wear strips sat in the grooves in the bedwood. I
have added that picture to my bedwood page and hope that it will clear
up any confusion. As I stated on the web page itself, if you are serious
about rebuilding your bed, the "Bed Restoration Manual" from most of the
ole truck vendors is a very good $4-$5 investment. Just in case you
didn't bookmark it

        http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/jeff/bedwood.htm

Jeff Nelson
Paducah, KY