Re: [oletrucks] Off-topic: Older vs. Newer vehicles- which is safer?

To: dpewter@email.msn.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Off-topic: Older vs. Newer vehicles- which is safer?
From: STMSymank@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 12:18:20 EST
Damned Jeff Foxburry.  A couple years ago I ran across a 85 cad that was just
like mine but it had a crate engine with 6k miles on it,and a rear end total.
I bought it thinkin 600 bucks would be a small investment if my engine went
tits up.  My cad had low oil pressure and at a long stop light the idiot light
would wink.  Told my wife to ignore it and ignore it she did. One day she said
the car sounds funny and the oil light has been on for three days.  I fired it
up and I thought that maybe someone had snuck a thrashing machine under the
hood.  The engine is a transverse mounted v 8 front wheel drive.  It took me
39 spare time hours to make the swap and hook up all 7500 hoses,doodads, and
thingamajigs that i had never seen before. Mental trauma
When I clicked the key to determine if even afew of the wires were connected
right the car started instantly. Praise God!
well the old hulk with a perfect nose was sitting infront of my barn just
incase and jeff foxworthy said you know your a redneck if you have a parts car
for you wifes car...and especially if yoyu can see it from your front porch.
   The next day I hauled the hulk off and sold it for weight .  $6.75  Honest.
one month later my wife did the whole nose on our caddy. Dang it  its Jeffs
fault.  She is back on the road wreaking havock, but with pieces that were
purchased with the $6.75 and a few more.
Stan the man
56 napco with factory hubcaps
.