Re: [oletrucks] Off-topic: Older vs. Newer vehicles- which is safer?

To: <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Off-topic: Older vs. Newer vehicles- which is safer?
From: "Lewis Osborn" <losborn@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 20:56:56 -0800
From: Doug Pewterbaugh <dpewter@email.msn.com>

>What you really have to be concerned about, is that you would never see
>these warnings if someone wasn't dumb enough to do it first!  It's like
Jeff
>Foxworthy says in one of his skits-he was told, when his wife was about
>give birth-"Do not have s*x after your wife's water breaks".  To him,
this
>was needlessly stated common sense, but somebody must have tried it to
>prompt the medical profession to tell patients!

Yeah, and someone most likely tried to trim his hedge with his lawn
mower,too.  Problem is, by forcing - through legislation and
litigation - manufacturers to post these warnings, we have given
credance to these acts of total stupidity.

Lewis - K7LVO Valley of the Rogue-Medford, OR
"The Forty" - 40 Chevy PU - One Owner
http://www.teleport.com/~losborn/1940.html