Re: [oletrucks] Rust

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rust
From: "Melanie S. Dickey" <mdickey@gorilla.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 10:22:41 -0600
Humidity realy gets us in the southcental area. I had my body andparts
 sand blasted. I had the blaster prime the whole thing immediately before
it started rusting. A pal of mine did a '57 restoration including sand
blasting. The day he picked really himid and about to rain. According
 to him the color of the bear metal changed to a orange/red during the
trailering home.

I have been getting a good result with a product called "Extend". It
comes in aero and brush. I cut out lots of wasted panel for sure. In
 some areas less damaged I cleaned up the loose scale and treated
 it with Extend. Its another of those that turn the base metal and remaining
 rust black, reportedly "bonding" the metal and hard rust together.
 Its rock hard and paintable after drying. I have found it at NAPA and
 a few other parts stores. I have only one (mild) winter for personal
tests but it looks pretty good.

Lonnie
one post cancer patient,  '53 Chevy