Re: [oletrucks] new possible clunker law in OR

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] new possible clunker law in OR
From: rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com (Rob, Margie, Nick & Andrea)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 18:15:14 GMT
On Sat, 20 Mar 1999 09:47:45 -0800, you wrote:

>It's not just the Gen.Xers.  I don't know if I am a late "baby boomer" or
>and early Gen. X, but the point is that these people are going totally
>crazy.  The really serious among this group would like all of us to be
>using public transportation and electric mini cars.  I believe that we
>shouldn't have cars that are spewing vast amounts of unburned fuel, CO,
>Nitrous Oxides, etc., but they shouldn't be making these sweeping
>generalizations of older cars and trucks.  When I lived in Las Vegas, my 68
>Mustang (with numerous performance features) did better on the SMOG test
>than my friends 3 year old Toyota.  What can we do to stop these people?
>
>Kevin Lake
>56 GMC Suburban/napco

Well, although this may not go over real good with many, it is the democrats
(almost without exception) who are the leading cause of virtually ALL of the
do-gooder programs (this being just one of many), IMHO.  Vote republican and
THIS problem goes away.  I truly mean this as a real solution to THIS problem,
and not a means of advancing my own politcal agenda, however, if you want to
flame, please do so directly to me and not on the list.

Rob