Re: [oletrucks] Decals - opinion poll

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, "D. SLANEY" <ppm@dlcwest.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Decals - opinion poll
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 18:13:09 -0800
D. SLANEY wrote:

> TOM:::
>
>             The decal thing. I was talking to a ole trucks parts dealer in
> Penhold Alberta, next province {state} over to west, he ha d decals and I
> was about to order, he said were from (Stateside) and had self stick backs,
> were
> $14.00 Canadian  also had reproduction headliners for  $80.00 Canadian and
> door panel for 50.00 Canadian, also $50.00 for each side windshield rubbers
> and $45.00 for door channel strips for  glass to slide in, maybe I'm better
> to buy stateside even with $$$difference?? Thoughts Apprerciated.
> Best Regards,
> Don.

Don,
I can't recall the type of truck you have, but if it's an AD, the prices
they're quoting you are way off. I have their '98 AD catalog in front of
me, and the AD headliners are 45.00, door panels are 20.00 a pair, and
the windshield rubber is 50.00. I've bought a ton of stuff from them and
have been quite happy. They'll have a large booth at the Red Deer swap
meet May 1&2.
Also, when building my '48, I had to order a few items from the states.
By the time the arrived, they were almost twice the price I could have
got them for here. Shipping and customs adds a lot to the total.

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy 1314
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles