Re: [oletrucks] valve adjustment

To: MIKE RAHL <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] valve adjustment
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:27:21 -0500
Yes, there is a way to set all valves in two steps. Turn the engine until
No. 2 cylinder inlet valve starts to open. Now turn slowly an notice No. 1
cylinder exhaust valve will also start to open. Continue cranking until No.
2 cylinder's intake is wide open, and then notice that No. 1 exhaust valve
is also coming to the wide open position. No.1 exhaust valve lags a little
behind No.2 inlet valve ,but turn the crankshaft until both valves are wide
open. With these two valves wide open adjust:
                   No. 1 cylinder inlet
                   No. 2 cylinder exhaust
                   No. 3 cylinder both
                   No. 5 cylinder inlet
                   No. 6 cylinder exhaust
  Now turn crankshaft one full turn until No. 5 cylinder inlet is observed
to start to open. Lagging behind a little behind will be No. 6 cylinder
exhaust. Continue turning until both are wide open and then adjust:
                  No. 1 cylinder exhaust
                  No. 2 cylinder inlet
                  No. 4 cylinder both
                  No. 5 cylinder exhaust
                  No. 6 cylinder inlet
  I copied this from a Motors manual or such from the library and tried it
on my 235. It worked great.

Grant 50 3100