Re: [oletrucks] shocks

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, sculver@iwl.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] shocks
From: "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@zeus.symet.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 23:08:30 CST
Smokey, Try this! It is inexpensive and might do the trick.

My cousin in Oklahoma suggested that I put some rubber pads between the leaves
at the ends. This allows the ends of the leaf springs to flex without the
friction between the metal leaves trying to hold it in place. He had a 1963 3/4
ton Chevy at the time and it make all the difference in the world as far as
ride goes. Look at a late model F*&d SUV leaf and you will see that they use
"separators" between the units. This apparently allows the spring to "glide" as
it flexes. Thanks and good luck...Bob Fentress

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 05:06:27 -0800