Re: [oletrucks] shocks

To: zorro@pop3.kih.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] shocks
From: "Paul G. Blosser" <pblosser@sripok.win.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 22:11:31 -0600
zorro@pop3.kih.net wrote:

> > Date:          Mon, 29 Mar 1999 23:08:30 CST
> > From:          "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@zeus.symet.net>
> > To:            oletrucks@autox.team.net, sculver@iwl.net
> > Subject:       Re: [oletrucks] shocks
>
> > Smokey, Try this! It is inexpensive and might do the trick.
> >
> > My cousin in Oklahoma suggested that I put some rubber pads
> > between the leaves at the ends. This allows the ends of the leaf
> > springs to flex without the friction between the metal leaves
>
>         Sounds like a pretty good idea. Do you know the thickness suggested
>for such
>         an operation? Also, is this between every leaf? Is there a way to
>kepp them in
>         place so they won't work out or get crooked?
>
>         My truck has 8 leaves, and I had considered taking out a leaf or two
>for a
>         better ride. The concerns would be lowering the truck, but these
>*pads* may
>         take up the difference.
>
>         Any other suggestions or comments on this subject are appreciated.
>Especially
>         on any precautions I should take. (I just found out my motor is
>pfffft - and
>         it took me $125 to find out).  Geeesh - did they see me coming or
>what?
>
>         Bert <with a 58 Apache - and a sad heart>
> http://members.tripod.com/~Chevy_Apache_1958
Heavy Chevy and a couple other vendors sell polyliner, teflon lining to
go between your srpings and keep them from rubbing metal to metal.  I
recently got a catalog from Chasis Engineering (great motor mounts too!)
and they sell teflon buttons that require a hole to be drilled in each
leaf (I wish I had known about this before i put polyliner in my front
springs -- oh well).

Paul Blosser
School of Metaphysics
1954 3100