Re: [oletrucks] shocks

To: bdfentr@zeus.symet.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] shocks
From: zorro@pop3.kih.net
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:19:11 +0000
> Date:          Mon, 29 Mar 1999 23:08:30 CST
> From:          "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@zeus.symet.net>
> To:            oletrucks@autox.team.net, sculver@iwl.net
> Subject:       Re: [oletrucks] shocks

> Smokey, Try this! It is inexpensive and might do the trick.
>
> My cousin in Oklahoma suggested that I put some rubber pads
> between the leaves at the ends. This allows the ends of the leaf
> springs to flex without the friction between the metal leaves

        Sounds like a pretty good idea. Do you know the thickness suggested for
such
        an operation? Also, is this between every leaf? Is there a way to kepp
them in
        place so they won't work out or get crooked?

        My truck has 8 leaves, and I had considered taking out a leaf or two
for a
        better ride. The concerns would be lowering the truck, but these *pads*
may
        take up the difference.

        Any other suggestions or comments on this subject are appreciated.
Especially
        on any precautions I should take. (I just found out my motor is pfffft
- and
        it took me $125 to find out).  Geeesh - did they see me coming or what?

        Bert <with a 58 Apache - and a sad heart>
http://members.tripod.com/~Chevy_Apache_1958