[oletrucks] Re: Purchacing Classic Chevys

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Purchacing Classic Chevys
From: Sam H Harry <samharry45@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 18:27:20 -0500
I live in Los Alamos, New Mexico, but I am at college in Lubbock, Texas.
I took a trip to Las Cruces, NM last weekend and saw quite a few trucks.
Do people mind if you just show up and offer them some money for their
old pick up if it doesn't have a for sale sign in it?  I mean, I'm sure
they would mind if it looks like they drive it a lot, but do they usually
if it is just sitting out back or by the barn?
I would like to keep my truck as stock as possible, at least for the time
being.  Once again, I am just learning about this stuff, so bear with me.
 What kind of tranny options were offered in the 56 Chevy's?  Did they
still have Three-On-The-Tree?  I sure do like that tranny.  My dad has it
in his 53 GMC that he is restoring.  What are the ratios in it?  When did
Chevy start putting autos in their pick ups?  What are the specs on the
engines, like the stroke and bore of the 235, and the displacement and
stroke/bore of the V8?  What were the rear end ratios offered in 56?
Once again, thanks for the help.

Sam
"I have opinions of my own - strong opinions -
but I don't always agree with them."