[oletrucks] External Coil Resistor

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] External Coil Resistor
From: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 08:57:29 -0700
I've converted everything over to 12 volts with only the coil remaining to
purchase (kept the point distributor and changed to a 12V starter).  Do I need
to run an external resistor with an external 12V coil?  If so, does it go
between the starter bypass and the coil or the regular 12V feeder wire (from
the cab) and the coil?  I've looked at the chevytrucks web site and see no
reference to what brand/type/size of resistor I would need.  Can anyone tell
me?  Thanks for the h_e_l_p.

Allen
'50 3100 (damn near finished.....)