[oletrucks] Starter Problems

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Starter Problems
From: gaonarlt@uswest.net
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 09:55:07 -0700
Good day to all,
Hope your holiday has been good and safe so far.  Remember, don't drink
and drive!!
The question is for Denverites or those that live at an elevation
significantly above sea level.  Having trouble with carburation.  Can't
get the 58 Apache, 235 started.  Checked the starter and starter switch,
good power and switch, rotor turns when engine is turning over, cables
(spark plugs) new (12 months), new spark plugs new and gaped to .035,
points set to 0.16, new distributor cap and condenser, timed to correct
setting.  Now I think it has to be carburetor.  The truck was running
just fine the other week, made a share U-turn and it seemed to flood.
Probably float issue????
Can anyone in high the elevation community let me know 1) if it is a
float issue and 2) where in Denver area I can get a carburetor rebuilt
and adjusted to elevation.
Need assistance.
Thanks in advance.
Robert.