Re: [oletrucks] Carb question.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Carb question.
From: soundex@eden.com (craig k)
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 11:48:13 -0600
>Thanks for the tip, Jack.  With my '51 AD with a 216, and B model
>Rochester carb, only getting about 10 mpg, I had been seriously
>considering getting a Toyota truck.
>My '51 is a daily driver, so any gas mileage tips are helpful.

Try a smaller main jet - our truck is the same setup; gets 12 mpg.  Main
metering orifice (jet) is a 54; have been told that a 48 would be MUCH
better for efficiency and drivability, but have been unable to locate any
jets locally... haven't tried any of the mail-order people yet, as I can't
imagine the things costing more than a few bucks, and shipping would triple
the price!

Any Listees have some smaller jets out there?

craig
caretaker of
stephanie's 50 3104 216 5-window deluxe