Re: [oletrucks] Carb question.

To: <dshier@rmi.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Carb question.
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:47:34 -0400
Dave,

    The Monojet Rochester was available on GM 194/230/250/292 inlines from
1968 to 1972.  It was relatively short-lived because of the fuel crisis and
emissions concerns. It uses a metering rod like AFBs from Carter. It has the
same base pattern as the Model B, you can recognize it because it is a
square-looking carb and it says "Monojet" on the side of the float chamber.

    A friend has a pair of these on a 250 and likes them a lot. I've noticed
they don't leak like the model B's are prone to, and the position of the
metering rod can be altered by bending the attaching tab  - the instructions
in the rebuild kit show how to do this. I don't now about availability of
different jets or metering rods though.

Jack / Winter Park FL