Re: [oletrucks] Carb question.

To: jack halton <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Carb question.
From: David G Shier <dshier@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 20:18:14 -0600
Jack, I am working on an installation of 2x1 barrels on a Fenton dual intake and
do not care about milage but  want it to work well for around a small town and
short trips.  (nostalgia situation) We have lots of older GM carbs and can
probably match something up but would appreciate your input on what would be
practical.  This particular truck is just for fun so we just want it to start
and run OK!

Secondly our 49 one ton (235) might  benefit from one of these newer Rochester
Monojet's you mention here and we wonder what age GM's  these would have been on
and what engines so we can look for in the salvage yards.

We also have a new Weber 2 barrel I took off of a high performance Jeep 4
cyilinder we built for our high altitude here and are going to use it for a very
special six we are building  for one of our trucks.  I can tell everyone that
this carburator transformed this Jeep engine (we also used a Clifford Cam and
built our own exhaust) into a real performer up to 9,000 feet or so.  We
enthusiastically recommend these carburators and they can be found as Holly's on
Ford & Mercury 4 cylinder engine versions in the salvage yards.  We do not know
the numbers on these but they look like Webers and we put them on Jeeps with the
adaptor which necks them down to the one barrel manifold entry.

Thanks in advance for your usual helpfull advice and guidance.  As you can
probably tell we love inlines!

Sincerely,
Dave Shier
www.mtntown.com