Re: [oletrucks] Carb question.

To: soundex@eden.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Carb question.
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 01:41:46 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/99 10:01:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
soundex@eden.com writes:

<<
 >Thanks for the tip, Jack.  With my '51 AD with a 216, and B model
 >Rochester carb, only getting about 10 mpg, I had been seriously
 >considering getting a Toyota truck.
 >My '51 is a daily driver, so any gas mileage tips are helpful.

 Try a smaller main jet - our truck is the same setup; gets 12 mpg.  Main
 metering orifice (jet) is a 54; have been told that a 48 would be MUCH
 better for efficiency and drivability, but have been unable to locate any
 jets locally... haven't tried any of the mail-order people yet, as I can't
 imagine the things costing more than a few bucks, and shipping would triple
 the price!

 Any Listees have some smaller jets out there?

 craig
 caretaker of
 stephanie's 50 3104 216 5-window deluxe >>

  You could epoxy the jets and redrill, I'd think it'd be okay, works well on
the metering for Holley carbs.

Mike