Re: [oletrucks] miq's exhaust

To: safesix@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] miq's exhaust
From: miq@teleport.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:25:11 -0700 (PDT)
I guess with all this discussion on my exhaust I should offer some details
on it.

I have original Fenton exhaust manifolds, not the new reproductions.  From
the down pipes I have 18" resonators, then an X pipe where the exhausts
cross and merge streams.  After the X, I have 24" glass packs then the
pipes turn 45 degrees and exit in front of the rear tires.  My 235 has a
pretty agressive cam and the heads have been gone over.  When trundling
about town the truck sounds like a Harley with its tri-part harmony
exhaust.  My Austin Healey was much louder with headers and a single
glasspack and straight shot exhaust.  Maybe I'll get inspired and put a
sound clip on my web page (just got an mp3 package creator).....

As for sound level, I would say that at freeway speeds engine noise is
louder than exhaust, but that will soon change as I get the cab coated with
Rhino spray in bed liner this winter.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com