[oletrucks] '49 Passenger Door Handle question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] '49 Passenger Door Handle question
From: Jay Duncanson <jay@duncanson.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:56:04 -0800
Can someone tell me if this is correct:

On my '49 3100 the right door opens by pushing down on the handle,
while the left door opens by lifting up on the handle. Each door
locks in the opposite direction also.

On the right door, the arm which pushes/pulls the control bar is on
top of the handle axle. On the left door, the arm which pushes/pulls
the control bar is on the bottom of the handle axle. Thus, the handle
of each door operates in the opposite direction.

Is this correct or has the right door mechanism (or possibly the
latch mechanism) been replaced on my truck?
Jay Duncanson                              jay@duncanson.com