Re: [oletrucks] '49 Passenger Door Handle question

To: "Grant Galbraith" <trks@javanet.com>, "Jay Duncanson" <jay@duncanson.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '49 Passenger Door Handle question
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 08:06:17 -0600
It sounds like you are talking about the inside handles, not the
outside-since the outside handles don't perform any locking functions-done
by key from outside right side only.  If I'm right about it being the inside
you are asking about, it sounds like the handle that points up is installed
180º inverted (should point down).  The handles are held on to the splined
rod of the door mechanism by a small set screw that is located under the arm
of the handle.  Loosen it & the handle should slide off (depending on how
much corrosion you have holding it on).  Rotate it & put back on, tighten
the set screw & your done.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com