Re: [oletrucks] shop buildings

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] shop buildings
From: MRICHAGANG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:32:55 EST
I built a 24x 56 pole barn back in 1983, put a metal roof on it ----- would ne
ver I mean never do that again.  Tried  to put a chimney through it and you
can't get a good seal because of the ridges in the metal so I had to go out
through the side. Not the best solution but it worked. Frost will form on the
bottom of the roofing and if you try to use a wood burner like I did , the
heat from the stack and just the sun's heat  will cause the frost to drip
down on the insulation and and onto the ceiling. I had gable vents in both
ends of the barn and soffit vents every 8 feet. I just did'nt like a metal
roof. Plywood sheathing and shingles are in my opinion the way to go!  my
$.02    Mike