Re: [oletrucks] moving on

To: oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] moving on
From: Vince Kieffer <vk30345@navix.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 07:26:42 -0800
Correct me if I'm wrong ..but, Isn't the reason for a sealed and pressurize
cooling system so that you can exceed boiling point (212 degrees) without
boiling over. The same effect as a pressure cooker, temperatures over the
boiling point can be obtained if the liquid is under pressure. Also the same
reason you don't take the radiator cap off if the engine is hot, the pressure is
released and the radiator boils over, some times violently. So, seems to me
that a good radiator cap, of the correct pressure rating will fix the boil over
problem..

Vince Kieffer