[oletrucks] Motor oil

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Motor oil
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:30:29 EST
I'm afraid I haven't read the article, so please fill me in.  What is the
'SJ' you're referring to?

SJ refers to the additive package as defined by the American Petroleum
Institute, API.  the article was in THIS OLD TRUCK  last spring.  Thier back
issues are posted on their website.  New cars specify 5w30 partially to get
better fuel economy to enhance their CAFE.  My info was based on personal
communication with a friend who worked in the wind tunnel at Harrison
Radiator in Lockport NY for many years.  Also LUBRICATION journal from Texaco.
Bob ADler