Re: [oletrucks] Number on tranny?

To: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Number on tranny?
From: pigsmith@flash.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:47:49 -0700
Thanks, Bill, great info! That's the second time I've heard that the engine
is probably a 288.  I'm assuming that if I can't find a 288, a 316 would be
the next to look for. The bit about the wheelbase is another thing I didn't
know (different lengths!). I had thought a one-ton was a one ton. Does that
book say anything about what kind of a bed originally came with the 253
model? Currently it has a stepside bed but the previous owner said he put
that on and had the fenders flared to cover the extra wheels.
One more question, about the rear end: how to determine which gear ratio I
have?
Looks like I need to get me one of these GMC Master Parts Manuals, if
there's such good stuff in it.

--
porkchop