RE: [oletrucks] compressed air

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] compressed air
From: "Armijo, Manuel L" <manuel.l.armijo@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 07:44:42 -0800
copper is fine.  there are a few grades of copper, so be careful. type "M",
"L", and "K".  "M" is for house water lines, and could probably be used for
compressed air, but the types designed for air are type "L", and type "K".
type k is prolly overkill and is usually used on the oxygen systems you see
in dentist offices and hospitals.   I recommend type "L", but be careful
using compression fittings on thicker wall pipe.  (tubing)... the
compression ferrules may not "bite" into the thicker tube.  btw...type M has
red markings, type L has blue markings and type K has green markings to
identify the different types.  all copper tubing solders well, and as
mentioned before, adapters/transitions are probable better using threaded
connections, as compression fittings may not "bite" the thicker wall tubing
well.

In addition, there are some "nylon" tubing systems out there that will work,
but I tend to stick with the kind of stuff that I can get at the local
hardware store if there are any repairs to be made.

my 2 cents for ya...
manuel.

ps...pipe size is measured as Inside Diameter, while tube is measured as
Outside diameter...hehe..so 1/2" copper uses 5/8" tube fittings!