RE: [oletrucks] compressed air

To: "Old Chevy Pickup" <oldchevypickup@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] compressed air
From: "Kyle Chilcoat" <tabsltd@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:38:50 -0600
A two stage compressor will run much longer without heating up as bad and
the compressor can catch up much faster than the single stage compressors.
If you run an air sander than the smaller compressors will have a hard time
keeping up with your work.  You should also look at the NEMA rating on the
motor to see if its capable of running continuously at high torque, such as
when the compressor is already charged up to 90+psi.  It takes a lot
morepower to start a single stage compressor when the tank is already
partially charged.

        I personally have a large industrial compressor that delivers about
29cfm @
190psi but i have a lift and other such things that i use.  Its a little
overkill but i got it cheap enough that i couldn't pass it up.

Hope that helps you

Kyle C.
55-1