Re: [oletrucks] Quick steering column question

To: "BORDER,RYAN (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <ryan_border@hp.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Quick steering column question
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 10:13:38 -0700
Ryan,

You can use the stock column with the R&P.  I believe RB's or Chevy of the
40's sell the kit that allows you to install a lower bearing support on the
stock column to support the inner shaft that goes up to the steering wheel.
You just cut the column just past where you want it to end and then pull
back the center shaft to cut the outer hose back some " so the inner shaft
extends past the outer column.  Then you install the support bearing kit,
install a Borgeson joint and shaft down to the R&P.  Take a look at their
websites.

Joe