Re: [oletrucks] Quick steering column question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Quick steering column question
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 08:43:19 -0500
On my 54 I just rolled the cab off of the frame over the steering column.
That was possible because there was not much left of the floorboard . . .

BobK
51 3600 5-window (in pieces)
Arnaudville, LA

                    "BORDER,RYAN

                    (HP-FtCollins,ex1)"         To:
"'oletrucks@autox.team.net'"
                    <ryan_border@hp.com>        <oletrucks@autox.team.net>

                    Sent by:                    cc:

                    owner-oletrucks@auto        Subject:     [oletrucks] Quick
steering column
                    x.team.net                  question

                    06/08/02 09:40 AM

                    Please respond to

                    "BORDER,RYAN

                    (HP-FtCollins,ex1)"

Getting ready to lift my cab, and have one question about the stock
steering
column:

How does the stock (3 on-the-column originally, I think) steering column
separate from the old steering box on the frame?  Do I just yank it apart?
If I had to guess, I'd guess it comes apart at the arrow in this pic:

http://home.earthlink.net/~rborder/truck/column.jpg

Correct?  Are there any special tricks I should know about?

Thanks-
Ryan.