Re: [oletrucks] First time user, question #1 advice

To: Duff Karen ES-19 103 FW/EM <Karen.Duff@ctbrad.ang.af.mil>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] First time user, question #1 advice
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:49:01 -0500
Welcome to the list Karen,
    Personally, I think a little chrome here and there would be just fine.
One thing to remember is, it is YOUR truck and you can restore it any way
you wish. When asking a question like this, you get many responses
reflecting many personal opinions. I personally like a little customizing
to any vehicle to make it reflect your personal taste, this is what makes
this hobby so dynamic in my opinion. Is is YOUR truck and do it the way you
want to do it.
--wayne

At 06:11 PM 3/3/03 +0000, Duff Karen ES-19 103 FW/EM wrote:
>This is my first time in this forum, please correct me, beat me, or banish
>me if I'm using this list in the wrong way.
>
>just bought a 53 chevy 3100, Plan on rebuilding it, it is in very good
>condition, I have NO experience with older vehicles, but I do have plenty of
>help and desire.  My initial problem is...the truck is a 1953, in this year
>there was NO chrome on the vehicle...I'm tossed between restoring to
>original, painted grill, painted bumpers and hubcaps too...or possibly
>adding a little chrome here and there.  I believe original is the way to go,
>but I'm hoping someone will convince me that a little chrome wouldn't hurt.
>Any advice would help.
>
>Karen

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org