Re: [oletrucks] First time user, question #1 advice

To: Duff Karen ES-19 103 FW/EM <Karen.Duff@ctbrad.ang.af.mil>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] First time user, question #1 advice
From: dcvjrv@covad.net
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:48:03 -0500
Karen,

Actually the answer is very simple.  Do you want it original or do you want
it modified.  Either way will work, only you can decide what you want as an
end product.  There are those of us that believe stock is the way to go,
with only safety items such as tires and seat belts being upgraded to
today's standards.  And, there are those that believe that modified is the
way to go.  Up to you.

Jim (original) V.

1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv@covad.net

At 01:11 PM 03/03/2003 Monday, Duff Karen ES-19 103 FW/EM wrote:

>This is my first time in this forum, please correct me, beat me, or banish
>me if I'm using this list in the wrong way.
>
>just bought a 53 chevy 3100, Plan on rebuilding it, it is in very good
>condition, I have NO experience with older vehicles, but I do have plenty of
>help and desire.  My initial problem is...the truck is a 1953, in this year
>there was NO chrome on the vehicle...I'm tossed between restoring to
>original, painted grill, painted bumpers and hubcaps too...or possibly
>adding a little chrome here and there.  I believe original is the way to go,
>but I'm hoping someone will convince me that a little chrome wouldn't hurt.
>Any advice would help.
>
>Karen
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.