Re: [oletrucks] First time user, question #1 advice

To: dcvjrv@covad.net,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] First time user, question #1 advice
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:48:55 -0700
Karen, I hope to restore a 50-54 GMC long bed. I will definitely do the
following: improve the brakes, including power brakes, add power steering.
Hope to use either a slightly modified GMC 302 or later model 292 inline
six, and run it thru a 700-r4 4 speed auto transmission with overdrive. If I
were to restore it and try to sell it, I doubt that I'd get my money out of
it. And you probably wouldn't on a stock restoration either. But this just
goes to show what you can do. (I would also have a split exhaust manifold,
because they really sound neat on the inline sixes. ). And I would have the
grille chromed, no matter if it was stock or not. So like everybody says,
"It's your project-you're the one you're trying to satisfy". Some people
will like it, some will not. But YOU will!! Bob K in PHX, AZ