RE: [oletrucks] Storage moisture removal

To: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Storage moisture removal
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 07:52:47 -0400
I searched around and found that alot the car cover bags (all the bags are
for indoor use only) that are offered does use the Omnidry desiccant for
moisture control. This is a form of the silica chips mentioned before and
talks of using 5 lbs of it. They recommend drying and reusing about every 6
months. Here is a websites that offers it in 2.5 lbs pads
http://216.157.36.139/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ARS&Product_Code=544&Category_Code=misc-ra

Please bear in mind that condensation occurs when hot and cold air masses
meet and you will have loads of it when the can is stored outside. The use
of the desiccant in the bags mentioned are for indoor use--not outside. To
keep moisture under control the inside of the can should be the same temp
as outside, but then again if there's moisture outside--it'll be inside as
well.
Quiet a dilemma ya got there Blain.      --wayne

At 08:43 PM 8/14/03 -0600, Blaine & Maggie Dumkee wrote:
>Where would I go to purchase Silica Gel?

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne