[oletrucks] Door Latches & Strikers

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Door Latches & Strikers
From: Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:22:32 -0500
I just installed new latches and strikers on my 54 and I have 2
questions :

1 - Under my driver-side striker, I have 2 striker-plate spacers ...
they're missing on the passenger side -- I can't find 'em in any
catalogs.  Does anyone have two spacers they could sell me?

2 - The latches have improved my door action, but I'm still having
trouble getting the doors to close without a little slamming involved.
I noticed the LATCH has two closed positions ... when you close the
door, should the latch move to the first click, or all the way in to
the second click?  I ask that because if I move the striker in (towards
the cab) too far, the door doesn't close, but bounces back to a
partially closed situation (first click).  So I move the striker
farther out and get a good shut (second click), but in order to have
the door shut tight without any rattle I have to slam it.  Am I doing
something wrong?

Thanks.

Alan
http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/