Re: [oletrucks] Door Latches & Strikers

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Door Latches & Strikers
From: Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:22:19 -0500
KremerRAK@aol.com wrote:

> Alan, I have 3 54 5 window cabs that I hope to be able to make one
> good one out of.  I'd be happy to send you these parts if I have them.
>  Unfortunately, I won't see my trucks for a couple of weeks.  They are
> at my brother's house, an hour away.  If you still need them in a week
> or two, let me know.

Thanks, Rick!
:o)
I think I've already got a pair on their way (from the "other Alan") --
this group is great, eh?  And the "brotherhood" of Stovebolters is
cool, too -- I've given lots of stuff away that I could've sold, but
knowing a fellow-trucker is in need and short on cash ... and knowing
how good it feels to make improvements on your passion ... I could care
less about turning a buck.

> If you could provide a dimensional description, that would also help
> me identify the correct pieces.

These pieces sit behind the striker ... the bolts that hold the striker
to the door-jam go through them and they have ridges that hold them
securely against the door-jam and striker ... they're approx. 5/8" x 1
1/4" and maybe 1/8" thick.

> I have enjoyed your website.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks, bro'!

> By the way, I am just on the other side of the river.

The wonderful Delaware Water Gap!
:o)
Howdy neighbor!

Alan