Re: [oletrucks] Door Latches & Strikers

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Door Latches & Strikers
From: Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:59:03 -0500
Thomas, Robert wrote:

> you will find if you push your door handle forward, it will rotate to
> the "locked" position.

Thanks, RT

When I push my door handle to the locked position, it simply applies a
metal piece against the mechanism so that the latch can't be moved.

I'm talking about the latch that sits on the side of the door and
rotates into the striker.  That piece that rotates can be turned to a
first click and then further to a second click.  I'm assuming it needs
to go to the second click and that's how I've set mine up.  I'm
wondering if that's where I'm screwing up?  Maybe it should be set to
the first click only.

Alan
http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/