RE: [oletrucks] shop ceiling height

To: ccpanel@yahoo.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] shop ceiling height
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 03:30:33 +0000
mark
if your in winter weather and need to heat it in the winter, break it up.
make a shop area where you can have 9 ft ceiling and keep it heated. make
this area for tools, power tools, wood shop, work beanch, office area,
etc...
then make a car/truck shop area that you can heat by opening big doors and
use that area when your working on a vehicle. make the ceiling here tall
enough to put in a lift if that is your needs. heating a large shop all
winter gets costly.
my shop is broken into 3 areas; tool/wood/rebuild shop 20x30 insulated and
heated with a 100,000 btu house furnace all winter. a 20x30 non-insulated,
heated when i'm working in there, truck shop/welding shop and then a 10x30
cold storage area. total shop is 30x50. my ceilings are 8 ft through out,
i'd kill for 12 ft of head room in the truck shop so i could put a lift in
(i bought it that way). i have an attached 16x50 carport for project shorage
and a 30x50 upstairs storage area. aka a big red barn with hay mow upstairs
and feedlot (carport). built in the 30s

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...