Re: Engine cranes

To: Peter Schauss x 2014 <ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov>
Subject: Re: Engine cranes
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:07:06 -0400
For year I just used an "over the car" gantry made with 2x4s and 4x4s,
braced with slotted angle, 4 casters, and either a fence puller [come-
along] or high geared boat-trailer winch. I've now got a regular
[folding] hydraulic engine crane which is nicer to use but takes up a
lot of space when not in use. So I made myself another 2x4, 4x4 gantry!!
Beauty is it "stores" astride the car, you can easily move it back and
forwards as necessary, and it will easily lift the car front or rear to
place on axle stands. Sounds crude but don't ignore it. Only takes a
weekend to make even at my speed.
Derek