Re: Re: Richmond British Car days at Berkeley Wrap Up

To: GMari58175@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re: Richmond British Car days at Berkeley Wrap Up
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 03:05:18 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

<<<< Have no
 idea why he didn't beat us all.  Then again, it was a popularity vote where
 there are so many variables no one could ever figure it out.  >>

That's always been my experience.  Have been in this hobby almost 15 years and
always been into low mileage original cars.  Never won a thing...ever.  Till
last year.  Kind of one of those things.

george marinos>>

George,

As I posted earlier this year, new to the  area, shinny bright colored cars
win popular choice :-)  Seriously, I do not think I have ever seen a concours
car take a popular choice award.  As much as I like the bugeyes, an original
car is like an ugly duckling next to neat clean personalized bugeye, my
opinion.  I have been trying to figure out how to have a popular choice for
concours and non concours cars.  I would like to sell this idea to our club
for the 99 West Coast Meet but the problems and logistics of separating the
cars seems insurmountable.  Glad someone keeps original cars, ours sure is
not.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite