Re: Too Many Messages?

To: Daryl and Jennifer May <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Too Many Messages?
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 22:36:20 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Daryl and Jennifer May wrote:

> I counted 104 messages in the last 24 hours.  Much as I like most of the
> content, I sense the trend is up, and that too much of a good think isn't
> as good as less.
>
> Could we start a discussion on what could keep the total within limits?
> Examples:
>
> 1.  If we have a private message, send it to just the recipient.
>
> 2.  Keep all messages to the topic of spridgets.
>
> Notwithstanding this, I find the List more user-friendly than a Bulletin
> Board.  Is there a way to make the traffic flow better, or am I alone with
> this concern?

A valid point. E-mail is VERY worthwhile, along with the intended purpose of
this list.

Please do send any personal messages DIRECTLY to the recipient please
(congratulations Grandpa/Little League/etc); things of general Spridget
interest should go to the list.

Other lists have experienced this issue, and have also had to set limits. It
is no fun to sit and delete XX of 104 messages because they have no relevance
to the list as a whole.

Thank you for bringing up this concern; thanks to others for their assistance
with keeping this a useful tool for our automotive passions.

Scott Meyers