a newsgroup? (was Re: Too Many Messages?)

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: a newsgroup? (was Re: Too Many Messages?)
From: Amy Soich <casoich@sgi.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:46:50 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Rick Kaplan wrote:

> I Agree with you.  I have been on the verge of un-subscribing  to the list
> for the deluge of messages.  Rather than limit the content, I would propose
> converting the list into a usenet group("rec.autos.spridgets").

 I just want to throw my two cents in here and vote against this. I never read
any of my newsgroups anymore. It's more work to open up my news reader and
download all posted messages than it is for me to set Netscape to filter my
email. I only need to do that once, not everyday like I would for a newsgroup.
Plus, my server doesn't get all newsgroups. The reason I joined this list
(besides my love of lbcs) was specifically because it wasn't a conventional
newsgroup.

 While we're on the subject, I like the group the way it is. I've made more
friends on this list than on any newsgroup I've ever been part of. I think
it's nice that this list is more human. If you're unhappy with the deluge of
mail, just set your email specs to filter out what you don't want. I have
about 10 folders that mail gets divided into when it comes in. The one that
most the mail goes in is the trash :) You just need to filter the way you want
the mail to go.

Amy
-would be sorry to see this list disappear

67 Sprite MkIV