Re: Too Many Messages?

To: "Rick Kaplan" <rkaplan@us.net>, "Daryl and Jennifer May" <mayfam@sprynet.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Too Many Messages?
From: "Tom Zuchowski" <tzuchow@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 18:51:32 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Speaking for myself, I would greatly regret seeing the list be converted to
a newsgroup. I have never seen a newsgroup reach better than about 25%
on-topic content, and they tend to be taken over by people with personality
disorders who spend all of their waking hours flaming each other and anyone
else who ventures an opinion that varies with theirs. But the "upside" is
that we could count on seeing a LOT more offers for porno sites and
get-rich-quick schemes.

Furthermore, not everyone gets all of the traffic that goes through a
newsgroup. An email list is, IMHO, VERY superior in every respect.

Over the years I've joined and dropped a lot of newsgroups. Everyone of them
was a total waste of time, especially compared to this excellent mailing
list.

I don't really see the advantage of a newsgroup. Any modern email reader can
sort by subject matter.

Tom Zuchowski
'61 Bugeye
Clemmons, NC