Re: Car show judging

To: spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Car show judging
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:49:26 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/20/99 2:55:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<< At one show there were 2 AC Cobras, 1 was original, never repainted,
 and  it looked very good for it's 30+ years of age.
 The other Cobra was a kit! Guess who won?
<SNIP>
 This same thing happened at another show, the kit car big Healey beat
 out 3 of the real Healeys, one of which was perfect.  >>

I agree with what you are saying, Frank.  But I don't think the replicars
should have been in the same class as the original cars for judging at the
concours.  Put all the replicars in the same class.  (Building a replicar
seems like cheating to me!)

Since my Midget is just being resuscitated, I am looking forward to a few
shows, but after that, I think I will quickly get bored with the show scene.
As good as the cars were at Moss last Saturday, I couldn't bring myself to
stay for more than two hours.  There's only so much you can see and talk
about.  I could probably spend more time at a large autojumble than looking
at the cars.

I'd rather be drivin'!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget