RE: Midget doesn't seem to like to cold

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Midget doesn't seem to like to cold
From: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@dnai.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 07:35:32 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
They may be a bit pricey, but I've found that the new Exide Orbital
batteries work very well.  They have an 84 month warranty.  They have a new
design where there are no lead plates or battery acid sloshing around.
Instead of plates, there are tightly wound coils that hold insulation, and
an acid gel is soaked into the insulation.  After I popped one of these in
my Sprite, the thing turned over better than it ever had.  Another selling
point of these batteries is that they are guaranteed not to leak.  They can
be mounted in any position, even upside down if so desired.  As for sizes,
they only come in one size, so that makes that decision easy.  But as I said
before, they are a bit pricey (~$120-130).  But if they do last 7 years and
don't leak, it was worth it to me.  Usual disclaimers apply...<grin>  Hope
this info helps!

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Dublin, CA